Originally known as Old Newburgh Presbyterian Church, this c. 1852 structure served for many years as the local town hall and police station. In 2007 it underwent significant renovations to become an event center, now popular for weddings and community events.
Over time, water infiltration and defective masonry work began to cause deterioration to the building. In 2019 a federal grant was received from the Indiana Department of Historic Preservation and Archaeology to help fund repairs. As an approved architect for DHPA projects, we provided investigative services to help diagnose the moisture issues and provided public bidding services to deliver the project at lowest cost. In addition to the repairs, we helped re-imagine the building's interior with the addition of a new bridal suite, updated lighting, new flooring, and dramatic acoustic wall panels. Alterations to the historic structure followed strict preservation guidelines.